Nutritious meal ideas
The what's for dinner dilemma is a common concern for busy mums. We all need new inspiration in the kitchen.
As well as the fabulous recipes in the Jalna library, check out these ideas:
For older babies
- Make a vegetable yoghurt mash. Use any combination of cooked, pureed vegetables and a swirl of Jalna Whole Milk Yoghurt.
- When avocadoes are in season, make Baby Guacamole: just puree half an avocado with a squeeze of lemon juice and a dollop of Jalna Greek or Whole Milk Yoghurt.
- Stir canned tuna or salmon through Jalna Yoghurt, with a squeeze of lemon juice and chopped fresh dill or parsley.
- Make Creamed Rice or Quinoa. Just stir cooked rice or quinoa, grated apple and a little cinnamon through any whole milk Jalna Yoghurt.
- Mash canned sardines with Jalna Yoghurt and serve with toast fingers.
For toddlers and kids
- Go for fruity flavours of Jalna Yoghurts and include chilled, single-serve tubs in lunchboxes
- Offer Jalna Yoghurt smoothies with an extra dollop of yoghurt instead of soft drinks or cordials
- Top baked potato with a dollop of Jalna Greek Natural Yoghurt and baked beans for lunch or snack
- Make up a dip with Jalna Yoghurt or use yoghurt as the base for a marinade or sauce
- Stock the fridge with plenty of choice in fresh dairy foods for after school or sport.
By Karen Inge – Accredited Practising Dietitian