Fried Cauliflower and Brussel Sprouts
4 - 6
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- Heat canola/vegetable/rice bran oil in a fryer to 170 degrees. Fry cauliflower and brussel sprouts in batches until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel. Set aside until needed.
- Meanwhile, to make gremolata, mix all the ingredients together. Adjust seasoning as required.
- To make tahini sauce, mix all ingredients together except the water. Once well combined, add water a little at a time until desired consistency is achieved. You want a thick sauce that is smooth on the palate.
- To assemble, cauliflower and brussel sprouts, start with the sauce at the base, add the cauliflower and brussel sprouts in the middle in a pile. Sprinkle with gremolata and toasted pine nuts (optional).