Roast Carrots With Harissa & Yoghurt
- 1kg bag carrots, sliced in chunks
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees. Toss the carrots with half the oil, salt and a splash of water. Roast for 40 minutes, or until soft and tender.
- To make the harissa, Place the capsicum and tomatoes onto a cake rack over a gas flame. Let the skins blister and burn on all sides. Remove from the flame once softened and place into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to steam for 10 minutes. Once steamed, peel the burnt skin off the tomatoes and clean the seeds out of the capsicum. Toast the seeds in a dry frying pan for 1 minute. Crush them in a mortar and pestle and set aside. Place the frying pan back onto a medium heat and add the remaining oil, garlic and chili. Cook for 2-3 minutes before adding in the spices, tomato paste, tomatoes, capsicum and salt. Cook for 5 minutes before adding in the vinegar and maple. Place the mixture into a high speed blender and blitz until smooth.
- Remove carrots from the oven and spoon over ½ cup of the harissa and toss to coat.
- To serve, spread the yoghurt onto the base of a serving platter. Top with the harissa carrots and garnish with pistachio nuts, chopped mint and pomegranate seeds.