Yoghurt Brined Fried Chicken
20 mins + 30mins and 12hrs Marinating time
- 1 1/2cups Jalna Greek Yoghurt
- Add the yoghurt, hot sauce, pickle juice, cayenne, water and chicken into a large bowl. Mix together to coat the chicken in the yoghurt mixture. Leave for at least 30 minutes but up to 12 hours.
- Heat a large sauce pan of oil to 180deg c.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flours, spices, salt and pepper, whisk together. Add the soda and vinegar and mix into a thick batter. Add ½ cup of the yoghurt brine from the chicken. Whisk into a batter.
- Remove chicken from the brine and wipe off the excess. Add the chicken into the batter and coat. Drop the chicken into the oil and fry until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is golden brown and crispy!
- Serve fried chicken with your favourite sides and a load of napkins!