Labne with Za’Atar
- Option 1
- 2 cups of Jalna Greek Yoghurt
- Please note this recipe requires overnight refrigeration
- Place a sieve over a medium bowl. Line it with muslin and spoon yoghurt into muslin. Gather into a ball and tie with a string or elastic band.
- Refrigerate for 24-48 hours or until thickened. The longer you leave it the firmer it will become.
- Transfer Labne to an airtight container.
- Serve Labne on a plate and sprinkle toasted Za'Atar on top with a drizzle of olive oil. Vegetables, cucumbers, Dutch carrots, celery, pita bread triangles, Sesame crackers or Lavosh bread can be served on the side.
- Note: Labne will keep for 7-10 days. Use as a dip and top with you favourite herbs and spice mix. The strained liquid is whey is protein; instead of discarding it, it can be used in other recipes for a protein boost. Drink the whey straight, add it to your smoothies or perhaps use it to make ricotta.