Smashed Zucchini, Yoghurt & Walnut Dip
- 5 medium green zucchini
- Pre heat a BBQ grill to medium/high. Slice the zucchini in half lengthways, reserving ½ a whole round zucchini to use as a raw garnish.
- Place the garlic into a foil pouch with a drizzle of oil and place onto the bbq along with the zucchinis. Grill for 15 minutes, or until the flesh is soft and the outside has some nice char marks.
- Whisk the yoghurt and honey together in a bowl until smooth and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix in the walnuts, cumin, parsley, tahini and a pinch of salt. *Reserve some walnuts, cumin and parsley for garnish
- In a separate small bowl, to prepare the garnish mix in some walnuts, sesame seeds, cumin and a sprinkle of salt. On a separate plate, slice the reserved raw zucchini on a mandolin into thin rounds
- Remove zucchinis from the grill and place onto a chopping board and slip the garlic out of its skin. Chop the zucchini and garlic with a large knife until they are smashed up. Place the zucchinis into the large bowl mix. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and stir through.
- Spoon the yoghurt onto a shallow serving plate. Spoon the smashed zucchini mixture onto the plate.
- Mix the reserve chopped walnuts with sesame seeds, cumin and pepper. Scatter the raw zucchini over the top and sprinkle with the walnut mixture, parsley sprigs and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Note: *serve with crispy toasted flatbread