Harissa Carrot Cakes
- 600g carrots, chopped (or leftover from the night before)
- Place a pot of water over high heat and bring the boil. Place steaming basket on top and lid.
- Steam carrots until just tender and remove from heat. Place in a bowl and mash. Allow steam to escape and carrots to cool, striving to get them as dry as possible.
- Add chickpeas to carrots and mash together.
- Finely dice ¼ of the coriander leaves and add to the bowl along with the spices, harissa and egg.
- Combine thoroughly and using your hands form equal portioned balls, should make 8-10.
- Allow patties to cool whilst preparing the sauce.
- In a food processor, blitz lemon juice, remaining coriander leaves and yoghurt until smooth and vibrant green.
- In a large non-stick fry pan, heat oil to a medium high heat.
- Flatten chilled balls into a pattie shape and cook in batches for 2-3minutes each side until brown and crispy.
- Serve with coriander yoghurt and additional fresh leaves if desired.
- Note: Well drained lentils can be used as an alternative to chickpeas.