Christmas Wreath Pavlova
- Pavlova Base
- 5 egg whites (at room temperature)
- Pre heat oven to 160 degrees C
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper and draw a 30cm circle in the middle of the paper. Draw a smaller, 15cm circle in the centre of the larger circle to make a ring
- Beat egg whites on high speed until stiff then add casting sugar slowly 1⁄4 cup at a time making sure the sugar has dissolved entirely into the mixture. When all sugar has been incorporated slow the speed of your mixer and add the cornflour, cream of tartar, vinegar and vanilla and mix in for around 20 seconds
- Spoon mounds of mixture onto the baking paper ring forming the base of the Pavlova. Using the back of a large spoon, make a shallow trench in the top of the mixture. This trench will be able to hold more yoghurt and toppings.
- Reduce temperature to 140 degrees C and bake for 1 hour – 1 1/4 until the outside is hard but still white. Turn the oven off leaving the pavlova inside to cool and dry for 2 hours
- Move the pavlova base onto a serving plate and pile on the yoghurt. Scatter berries and mint leaves first and then sprinkle the pomegranate seeds and pistachios. Garnish by pouring the raspberry drizzle over yoghurt.
- Place 1/2 the raspberries and a 1/3 cup of sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil and cook on a slow heat for around 10 minutes or until it liquifies. Pour sauce through a strainer and press with the back of a spoon or ladle. Place in a jar and refrigerate