Nectarines with Rosewater Labne, Honeyed Pistachios & Mint
- 2 cups (500g) Jalna Sweet & Creamy Greek Yoghurt
- Line a colander with muslin, a chux cloth or a teatowel large enough for the edges to hang over the side of the colander. Place colander over a large bowl or jug. Put Jalna yoghurt in the cloth lined colander and loosely cover with cloth or plastic wrap. Place bowl in refrigerator for up to 2 days until it thickens like cottage cheese consistency (the longer it drains the thicker it becomes).
- Stir in rosewater, to taste. Serve as an accompaniment to dessert or shape into small balls, but keep covered so it does not dry our.
- When ready to serve, heat a frypan over a moderately low heat and pistachios and enough honey to coat them. Heat for a few minutes (or microwave). With a fork remove pistachios and place on baking paper to cool.
- Place nectarine or peach halves cut side down in the pan and heat gently for 5 – 8 minutes in the honey, adding more if required, until softened and lightly caramelised. Gently push them around in the pan so they don’t brown too much.
- Serve fruit warm or cold with labne on top or to the side if fruit is warm. Garnish with honey pistachios and fresh mint leaves.