Passionfruit Yoghurt Cake
10 minutes (plus draining yoghurt time)
- 1 cup Jalna Greek yoghurt, plus 3 cups strained overnight (1 kg in total)
- Place 3 cups of yoghurt into a sieve lined with a clean chux cloth suspended over a bowl. Leave to strain in the refrigerator overnight.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees (C). Grease and line a 20 cm ring shaped tin or spring form tin.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk 1 cup of yoghurt, eggs, extra virgin olive oil, half the passionfruit pulp until well combined. Combine the flour and sugar in a large bowl and gently fold through the wet mixture until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the thickest part of the cake comes out clean. Leave the cake to rest for 10 minutes in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place the strained yoghurt into a bowl and whisk through the honey. Spread the thick yoghurt over the top of the cooled cake then spoon over reserved passionfruit pulp before serving.