Charred Eggplant with Romesco and Tahini Yoghurt
- 2 large eggplants
- Heat a BBQ until it begins to smoke. Rub the eggplants and capsicums with a little olive oil. Cook eggplant until the skin is blistered and the flesh is cooked through. Cook the capsicum until the skin is charred all over. Keep the eggplant warm.
- Once cooked put the capsicum into a bowl and cover in plastic wrap to steam for 10 minutes. Peel the skin off the capsicum.
- In a large mortar and pestle add the garlic, almonds and a pinch of salt, pound into a paste. Add the peeled capsicum and pound until smooth. Add the thyme, olive oil and vinegar, mix together until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- In a small bowl mix the tahini yoghurt ingredients together.
- To serve, place the charred eggplants onto a large serving platter. Carefully cut into the top layer of the charred skin then fold the skin back to open the eggplant flesh. Lightly season the flesh with a sprinkle of sea salt then drizzle over the romesco sauce. Top with dollops of the tahini yoghurt. Finish with the coriander and almonds.
- Note: Garnish ½ bunch Coriander, leaves picked ¼ cup roasted almonds, chopped