Harissa Roasted Eggplant with Lentil & Herb Yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste
- Combine harissa paste with 1/4 cup oil to allow flavours to develop. Heat a medium saucepan over moderately high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil, add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until just softened, about 5 minutes. Add lentils and stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes, or until lentils are just cooked. Stir in chia seeds and lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and leave covered for 10 minutes or until chia has softened and absorbed any excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, Brush eggplant on both sides with harissa oil. Chargrill eggplant for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and tender.
- Make the Herb Yoghurt by combining all ingredients.
- Serve lentils topped with eggplant and dollops of herb yoghurt, pomegranate seeds and extra mint leaves.
- Note: Tips Eggplant could also be baked in a moderately hot oven (200°/180°C fan forced). Use Lebanese eggplants, cut in half lengthways.