North Indian Chicken Curry
- 1 kg skinless free-range chicken thighs, diced
- Marinate the chicken in turmeric, garam masala, chili powder and salt. This can even be done a few hours before or overnight.
- Pound onion, ginger and crushed garlic in a mortar and pestle till it becomes a paste.
- Heat oil in a large pan and fry the pounded mixture on low heat for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to high and add chicken, turning to coat and toasting the spices at the same time for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat down and stir in yoghurt and tomato; simmer for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Add the lid and continue to cook on low for 15min, stirring occasionally.
- Take off the heat, stir in the coriander leaves and serve.