Roast Beetroot Salad with Sesame Yoghurt
- 5 medium beetroot, or a whole bunch
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees (C). Cut the beetroot in half then place them into a small high-sided roasting tray. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt and pour over 1 ½ cups of water. Cut each onion into 6 wedges, leaving the skin attached. Place the onions on a separate roasting tray, season with salt and drizzle with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Cover the beetroot tray tightly with foil and roast with the onions for 35 - 40 minutes, or until the beetroots are tender and the onions are slightly charred on top.
- Meanwhile, pour the extra virgin olive oil and garlic into a small pot over a low heat. Stir in the za`atar and a pinch of salt and leave to gently infuse for 5 minutes, or until the oil is fragrant.
- Whisk the yoghurt, tahini, lemon juice, honey and a pinch of salt in a bowl until smooth. Spread the yoghurt onto the base of a serving platter.
- Remove the beetroot from the oven and once cool enough to handle, slip the skins off and cut beetroot into wedges. Remove the skins from the outside of the onions.
- Arrange the beetroot, onions and parsley on top of the yoghurt. Spoon over the za`atar oil and garnish with micro herbs.