Pickled Onion Rings with Yoghurt Dipping Sauce
10 mins plus pickling time
- 4 large onions, cut into 1 cm slices and separated
- In a saucepan combine the vinegar, sugar, ½ cup water and a large pinch of salt. Place on the heat, warm until the sugar and salt is dissolved. Then pour over the onion ring strips. Level to pickle until at room temperature for at least 20 minutes.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt, mix. Then add in the wet ingredients and mix to form a batter.
- Heat a pot of oil to 180 degrees (C).
- Drain the onion rings from their pickle bath then dust in flour. Drop the onion rings into the batter.