BBQ Eggplant with Curry Yoghurt Dressing
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a BBQ grill to a medium heat.
- Heat the oil in a small pot over a medium heat and fry the curry leaves for 30 seconds, or until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove the curry leaves and set them aside on a plate lined with baking paper.
- Place the sliced eggplants into a large tray and drizzle with 50 ml of the oil used to fry the curry leaves. Toss well with a pinch of sea salt to coat completely.
- Place the same pot with 30 ml of oil remaining in it back onto a medium heat. Add the curry powder and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Place the yoghurt into a bowl and whisk in the curry powder mixture, mayonnaise, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Place the eggplants onto the grill and cook for 4 - 5 minutes on each side, or until they are charred on the outside and softened on the inside. Remove from the heat and arrange on a serving platter. Drizzle the eggplants with some of the curry yoghurt dressing then garnish with fried curry leaves, crushed pepita seeds and coriander sprigs.